We appreciate that this will be a very stressful time for you, so we'll deal with your claim as quickly as possible.
How to make a claim
When you let us know about a claim, please provide us with the following:
- Policy number
- Name of the person who has died
- Cause, date and place of death if known
- Who you are and your relationship to the deceased
- Who the legal next of kin is (if known)
For Life insurance claims you can contact us in a variety of ways:
- Telephone - 0800 137 101 - our UK based claims team.
If calling from abroad please call +441273 374 665. (Calls charged at the prevailing international rate).
Lines are open 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. We may record and monitor calls.
- Email - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (when sending emails you should not include any personal, financial or banking details, as this method is not a secure way of supplying information.)
- Fax - 0370 166 0275
- Write to us:
Legal & General Claims Department,
What happens next?
- Please call us and our team will carry out some basic policy checks
- Please have to hand the death certificate (if available) when you call us, or details of the circumstance of the death
- By speaking over the telephone we're able to obtain as much information as possible to start the claim and can progress it more quickly
- We'll assess your claim; this may include writing to the GP, Coroner (or procurator fiscal) and any other involved parties for additional information
- We’ll keep you updated throughout the whole process
Funeral Payment Pledge (for Life insurance)
At Legal & General we recognise that families having to deal with bereavement can find themselves in situations where they face unexpected financial costs, in what are already upsetting circumstances.
That’s why we have decided to offer to pay part of the claim amount early and advance up to £10,000 on any valid life claim to cover the cost of a funeral. We feel this is the right thing to do to support our customers and their families at a stressful time. Learn more about the Funeral Payment Pledge.
Over 50s Life Insurance Claims? Please call our dedicated Claims team using the following contact details:
Telephone: 0800 009 3506 - we're available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. We may record and monitor calls.
Please find more information on making an Over 50s Life Insurance Claim here.
Investment or Pensions customer? Please use the following contact details:
- Investment customers - 0370 050 0955 - Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6pm. Call charges will vary between telephone providers
- Pension Customer - the telephone you need will depend on the type of Pension you hold. Please visit the Pensions contact us page for details.
IF YOU NEED HELP CALL US ON
0800 137 101
Over 50s Life Insurance
0800 009 3506
9am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday
We may record and monitor calls.
Our UK based staff provide a dedicated service to deal with all your life insurance queries. Here is a link to the most common questions: