Income protection claim.
Income Protection claims will be considered if you can't work due to incapacity caused by illness or injury that results in loss of earnings.
What information will you need from me?
To let us know about a claim, you'll need to provide the following:
- Policy number (this can be found on your policy document or on your direct debit)
- Don’t worry if you can’t find your policy number we can search using basic personal details
- Details of your diagnosis/illness
- Contact details of your GP / Medical Consultant
You can contact us in a variety of ways:
- Telephone - 0800 027 9830 - our UK based claims team.
If calling from abroad please call +441273374017. (Calls charged at the prevailing international rate).
Lines are open 9.00am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We may record and monitor calls.
- Email - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (when sending emails you should not include any personal, financial or banking details, as this method is not a secure way of supplying information.)
- Fax - 01273 373 327
- Write to us:
Legal & General Claims Department,
What happens next?
- Please call us to discuss your situation.
- Our team will carry out some basic checks, and send out a form for you to complete and return to us.
- Once we receive the form, we'll assess your claim; this may include writing out to the GP, Employer or any other involved parties for additional information.
- We’ll keep you updated throughout the whole process.
Please continue to pay your premiums whilst the claim is being assessed.
IF YOU NEED HELP CALL US ON
0800 027 9830
9am to 5pm pm Monday to Friday
We may record and monitor calls.
Our UK based staff provide a dedicated service to deal with all your life insurance queries. Here is a link to the most common questions: