Waiver of premium claim.
For Waiver of Premium claims to be considered you should have been unable to work for 26 weeks from the date of your incapacity.
How to make a claim
Please let us know if you think you'll need to make a claim. The earlier you tell us the more we can help. You will need to provide us with:
- Policy number
- Details of the reason you've been unable to work
- How long you've been unable to work
You can contact us in a variety of ways:
If you have a Life Insurance / Critical Illness Cover policy:
- Call us on 0800 0680 789 or +44 1273 374 414 Option 2
- Email us on email@example.com
- Send a fax to 0370 166 0275
Lines are open 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday. Call charges may vary and we may record and monitor calls.
If you have an Income Protection policy:
- Call us on 0800 027 9830 or +44 1273 374 017 option 2
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a fax to 01273 373 327
Lines are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We may record and monitor calls.
For all types of policy, write to us:
Legal & General Claims Department,
Every claim is different, so if you have any questions about your claim we want you to contact us so that we can give you the right answer.
What happens next?
- Please call us to discuss your situation
- Our Team will carry out some basic checks, and review your claim.
- Depending on the information we’re able to gather from you in the call, we may be able to make an instant decision, or we may need additional information, e.g. from your Doctor.
- We’ll keep you updated throughout the whole process.
Please continue to pay your premiums whilst the claim is being assessed.
Our UK based staff provide a dedicated service to deal with all your life insurance queries. Here is a link to the most common questions:
Waiver of premium claim FAQs