Life Insurance - Free Life Cover
When you take out our Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance we include Free Life Cover at no extra cost if you are moving home.
You'll get Free Life Cover if you die between exchange of contracts and completion of your property purchase. Free Life Cover will be the amount of your chosen amount of cover, the amount of your loan or £300,000, whichever is lowest.
In Scotland we provide the free cover from when you complete missives for your chosen property until the date of entry. We cover you for 90 days from when you exchange contracts (or in Scotland complete missives).
To be eligible for this cover the following conditions must apply:
- you're under 55 when you take out the mortgage (for joint policies, you must both be under 55)
- you've been accepted on standard terms
- the exchange of contracts (conclusion of missives) has taken place
- no other policies for the same mortgage can be in force or applied for
- you must tell us if there are any changes before completion
If you make a successful claim under Accidental Death Benefit, Free Life Cover or your Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance itself, we'll only pay out once.
Sorry our phone lines are closed.
To protect our staff and customers from the spread of Coronavirus, unfortunately we are unable to open our phone lines today. However our protection products are still available on this website.