Life Insurance - Free Life Cover
When you take out our Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance we include Free Life Cover at no extra cost if you are moving home.
You'll get Free Life Cover if you die between exchange of contracts and completion of your property purchase, up to a maximum of 90 days. Free Life Cover will be the amount of your chosen sum assured, the amount of your loan or £300,000, whichever is lowest.
In Scotland we provide the Free Life Cover from when you complete missives for your chosen property until the date of entry.
To be eligible for this cover the following conditions must apply:
- you're under 55 when you take out the mortgage (for joint policies, you must both be under 55)
- you've been accepted on standard terms
- the exchange of contracts (conclusion of missives) has taken place
- no other policies for the same mortgage can be in force or applied for
- you must tell us if there are any changes before completion
If you make a successful claim under Accidental Death Benefit, Free Life Cover or your Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance itself, we'll only pay out once.