Help protect the home they love from £6 a month
Mortgage Life insurance is designed to pay out a cash sum to help pay off your mortgage if you die during the length of the policy. Meaning your loved ones could continue to live in the family home without worrying about the mortgage.
Mortgage Life insurance at a glance:
- Choose from Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance:
- Life insurance could pay out a cash sum to help pay off the outstanding mortgage if you die during the length of the policy. The amount of cover you choose will remain the same, unless you make any changes to your policy.
- Decreasing Life insurance is designed to help protect a repayment mortgage so the amount of cover reduces roughly in line with the way a repayment mortgage decreases.
- Additional Benefits - Our Mortgage Life insurance includes Free Life Cover between exchange of contracts and completion of your property purchase, at no additional cost.
- Critical Illness Cover - You can add Critical Illness Cover at an additional cost when you set up your mortgage life insurance policy. It could pay out if you're diagnosed with one of our specified critical illnesses during the length of the policy.
- Fixed premiums - Life insurance premiums are guaranteed to stay fixed throughout your policy term unless you alter your policy.
- Second Medical Opinion service - An independent Second Medical Opinion service is available in the event of a terminal illness or critical illness (if chosen) claim. This service offers a face to face medical consultation with a Consultant Specialist and supporting medical report. Any alternative diagnosis may be used to support a claim.
- Important information:
- This is not a savings or investment product and has no cash value unless a valid claim is made.
- For Mortgage Life insurance, your policy may not completely pay off your outstanding mortgage unless you ensure that your amount of cover is adjusted to match any new mortgage arrangements.
- For Decreasing Life insurance you must also check that the interest rate applied to your mortgage does not become higher that the interest rate applied to your policy.
- Read the Policy Summary PDF: 1.61MB , Policy Booklet PDF: 204KB and more important information before you apply.
Get a quote and apply online today. You'll get an instant online decision.
Decreasing Life Insurance.
Free M&S gift card
When you take out life cover online by 30 November 2017Terms and conditions apply
Call us on
0800 316 5591
Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday
We may record and monitor calls.