Our life insurance is designed to pay out a cash sum if you die during the length of the policy. The cash sum could be used to help protect the family's lifestyle and everyday living expenses or help pay the mortgage. Meaning your loved ones could continue to live in the family home without worrying about the mortgage.
Understanding mortgage life insurance
If you need life insurance to help protect your mortgage, then you can choose from:
- Life insurance – where the amount of cover stays the same through the length of the policy unless you make changes to your policy
- Decreasing Life Insurance - which is designed to help protect a repayment mortgage so the amount of cover reduces roughly in line with the way a repayment mortgage decreases
Life Insurance starts from as little as £6 per month. Get a quote today to see how much your policy could cost.
Use our calculator to help you decide how much cover you need.
Option to add Critical Illness Cover
You can add Critical Illness Cover for an extra cost when taking out Life or Decreasing Life Insurance. It could pay out a cash sum if you’re diagnosed with or undergo a medical procedure for one of the specified critical illnesses that we cover during the length of your policy and you survive for 14 days from diagnosis.
The cash sum could help ease the emotional and financial stress you might feel. It could be used to help with medical treatment, childcare bills or even a big family holiday to help you recover.
Free Life Cover is automatically included between exchange of contracts and completion of your property purchase, at no additional cost.
Other additional benefits such as Terminal Illness Cover are also included. It could pay out the full amount of cover when life expectancy is less than 12 months. Find out more.
- This is not a savings or investment product and has no cash value unless a valid claim is made.
- For Life Insurance, your policy may not completely pay off your outstanding mortgage unless you ensure that your amount of cover is adjusted to match any new mortgage arrangements.
- For Decreasing Life Insurance you must also check that the interest rate applied to your mortgage does not become higher than the interest rate applied to your policy.
- Read the Policy Summary (PDF 1.61MB), Policy Booklet (PDF 204KB) and more important information before you apply.
Get a quote and apply online today. You'll get an instant online decision.
Call us on
0800 316 5591
Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday
We may record and monitor calls.