The truth about cats and dogs
Have you ever wondered which breed of cat has no tail or what the most popular dog’s name is in the UK? Well look no further as we’ve put together a list of some of our favourite weird and wonderful facts about cats and dogs.
- You shouldn’t give your cat a saucer of cow’s milk as it can cause diarrhoea, as most cats are lactose intolerant after they have been weaned. You could try a saucer of cat’s milk instead but water is by far the safest drink to give your furry friend.
- If you’ve ever watched 101 Dalmatians you’ll know this fact already – most Dalmatians are born completely white, they only develop their distinctive black spots a few weeks after they’re born.
- Do you know what a kindle is? A kindle is the collective noun used for a group of kittens - probably not your first answer to that question!
- Dogs and cats noses are as unique as human finger prints, so if you get a nose print of your pet it could be used to help identify it if it’s lost or stolen.
- Do you know which breed of cat is born without a tail? The Manx cat.
- Poodles initially had their hair shaved to improve their swimming ability, but the ‘pom poms’ were kept to protect their joints.
- Did you know chocolate is poisonous for dogs! It contains a chemical called theobromine which can cause vomiting and life threatening problems to the heart.
However weird or wonderful your cat or dog is, if you’re looking for Pet Insurance for your furry best friend we offer three cover options to choose from: Accident Only, 12 Month and Lifetime.