- Release tax-free money from your home while you still live there.
- Finance in-home care or top-up existing funding for a higher standard of care.
- Pay for carers or adapt your home, for example by adding a stair lift, ramp or wheel-chair lift.
- Receive lump sums.
- With a lifetime mortgage you won’t have to make any monthly payments. Instead the interest is added to the amount you owe each month. This means we charge interest on the loan plus any interest already added.
- The lifetime mortgage is usually repaid from the sale of your home when you, or the remaining applicant (if the mortgage is in joint names) dies or moves out of your home into long term care.
- No early repayment charge if you later move to residential care.
How much could you release