Before you get a quote
Now you've decided to get a quote for a retirement product, you should have:
- spoken to or visited Pension Wise
- read the Pension Wise flyer (PDF: 273KB)
- used the guidance and advice available to you, including speaking to a financial adviser
- reviewed the different plans available to you in the market
- read about our products and the different options available
- read our product key documents on this page.
The Money Advice Service
Take a look at the Money Advice Service Guide Q46970 (PDF: 995KB) for more information about your retirement options.
Completing an online quote
You can get an online quote for all three of our retirement plans using Defined Contribution pension pots only. Please note, we can't give you an online quote for a Guaranteed Minimum Pension, Defined Benefit pension or any other guaranteed benefit; please call us on 0800 107 3481 if you have any of these.
The minimum quote amount for the Cash-Out Retirement Plan and the Fixed Term Retirement Plan is £10,000. The minimum amount for a Pension Annuity quote is £5,000. If you're using a Legal & General, Aegon or Sun Life Financial of Canada pension to fund your retirement plan you can call us on 0800 107 3481 to get a Pension Annuity quote for a smaller amount.
What information will I need?
To make sure you have all the information you'll need to hand please read our Online quote and apply checklist (PDF: 60KB)
Personal and medical information
We follow a strict confidentiality code about all medical information you give us, or which we get from any additional medical report. We hold your medical information securely, with limited access to authorised individuals who need to see it. A copy of our confidentiality policy is available on request.
We'll only pass your details to a third-party with your consent. This may be necessary if we need further medical information, agreement from our reassurer and/or for administrative purposes.
If you’d prefer to provide your medical/lifestyle information over the phone, please call us on 0800 107 3481.
Can I get a better income from my annuity?
If you get a quote for our Pension Annuity, we can also tell you if the amount we’ve quoted is the highest in the market, or if you could get a higher annual income by shopping around.
To do this, we’ll need to share some of your key information with other annuity providers. You can rest assured that we won’t share your contact details. We’ll ask for your consent to share your information as part of your quote.
You should consider getting advice from a financial adviser as you may not be able to change your decisions after buying a plan.
Please be aware
- It’s important to know that if your current pension provider offers you an annuity with a guaranteed annuity rate or other valuable benefits, you may lose these by changing to another provider.
- There are alternatives to buying a retirement product, which may be better suited to your personal circumstances.
- It’s important to shop around and get as much guidance and advice as you need before you make any decisions on what is best for you. Other providers may have more appropriate products or be able to offer a higher level of retirement income.
- Other providers will offer different rates based on medical or lifestyle factors. Even if you qualify for extra income with us another provider could offer you more.
- Any options you choose could affect the income you receive for the rest of your life.
Pension Guidance and Advice
We strongly recommend that you seek guidance from the Government’s free and impartial service Pension Wise.
Find out more about guidance or advice
Remember, it’s important to shop around and get as much guidance and advice as you need before you make any decisions on what is best for you. Other providers may have more appropriate products or be able to offer a higher level of retirement income.
Moneywise Award Winner
We may record and monitor calls
Online Dispute Resolution Platform
The European Commission has established an Online Dispute Resolution Platform (ODR Platform) that is specifically designed to help EU consumers who have bought goods or services online from a trader based elsewhere in the EU and subsequently has a problem with that online purchase. The ODR platform will refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service who will pass it on to Legal & General.