Whether you're thinking of retiring fully, gradually or delaying the start of your retirement, it's important to be fully prepared. Our checklist will help you prepare step by step.
Retirement goals and priorities
- Do you know what your options are?
- Do you know how to boost your retirement income?
- Do you qualify for pension credit?
- The value of your personal pensions
- The value of your company pensions
- Trace lost pensions
- Decide how much income to take each year
- How much will you need and for how long?
- What are your actual living costs?
- Consider late retirement
- Defer your State Pension
- Boost your National Insurance contributions
- Check what else you might be entitled to
- Review money saving tips
- Pay off your debt
Explore your options
- Contact Pension Wise
- Make the most of free information
- Consider taking advice
- Understand your options
- Shop around for the best deal
- Be clear on the possible tax and benefit implications
- Think carefully before you make any decision
Ready to find out more?
Take a look at the option below.
Or take a look at
Our Pension Options page shows you the different ways you can access your pension pot.