We've put together some important information about Thomas Cook and what you need to do if you have Travel Insurance.
As you will be aware the Thomas Cook Group have ceased trading with effect 23 September 2019.
We understand that this’ll be a distressing time for Thomas Cook holidaymakers. Here’s our guidance about what to do if you’re already abroad or yet to travel, including how to claim under your Travel Insurance or transfer your policy to an alternative trip.
For the latest travel information and advice, for Thomas Cook customers already abroad and those yet to travel, please visit the Civil Aviation Authority’s (CAA) dedicated website www.thomascook.caa.co.uk
If you’re abroad
The CAA will provide new flights to return you to the UK until 6th October 2019. After this date you’ll need to make your own travel arrangements to return home. For more information, please visit the CAA’s Thomas Cook website.
If you’re yet to travel
Unfortunately, all Thomas Cook holidays and flights are cancelled as of 23 September 2019.
Please see the appropriate advice below depending on whether you booked a package holiday, flights directly from Thomas Cook Airlines or flights from an intermediary.
Once again, full advice about Thomas Cook flights and holiday can be found at www.thomascook.caa.co.uk.
If your package holiday is booked with an ATOL holder
If your trip or flights were booked with a travel firm that holds an ATOL (Air Travel Organiser's Licence) and you are ATOL protected, your travel firm is responsible for
- making alternative flights available for you – so you can go on your trip or return home at the end of your holiday
- or provide a full refund if you are yet to travel
If you booked flights directly with Thomas Cook Airlines
- If you are already abroad, please visit the CAA’s website for details about arrangements to return you home.
- If you’re yet to travel and you paid by credit or debit card, you should contact your card issuer as you may be able to claim a refund.
- Your Travel Insurance policy provides cover for scheduled airline failure (please refer to your policy booklet in the key documents section below to see limits). If you are unable to obtain a refund from your credit or debit card issuer, please call us on 0345 266 1872* or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your Travel Insurance policy number to make a claim.
If you booked flights with Thomas Cook Airlines through an airline ticket agent
- Please speak with your booking, travel or airline ticket agent. They may be able to provide a refund or cover the cost of a new ticket to get you home.
- If you are yet to travel and you paid by credit or debit card, you should contact your card issuer as you may be able to claim a refund.
- Your Travel Insurance policy provides cover for scheduled airline failure (please refer to your policy booklet in the key documents section below to see limits). If you’re unable to obtain a refund from your credit or debit card issuer, please call us on 0345 266 1872* or email email@example.com quoting your travel insurance policy number to make a claim.
Your Travel Insurance policy
If you’re unable to take your trip and have purchased a single trip policy, we’ll refund your policy premium. Please call us on 0370 060 0344* or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’ve purchased a single trip policy and wish to travel on an alternate date, please contact us on 0370 060 0344* or email email@example.com.
If your new trip is for the same duration and to the same country, then we’ll happily transfer your policy to the new date without charge. If your new trip is for a different duration or country, an additional premium may be charged.
Our Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Hood Travel Limited and underwritten by AWP P&C SA
*Call charges will vary. Calls may be monitored and recorded