The Tesco Lifestyle Investment Options – for Tesco colleagues
Your Tesco retirement savings are invested to help maximise how much money you have for retirement.
How you invest your money can make a big difference to what you end up with in retirement.
We’ve designed the Tesco Lifestyle Investment Options especially for Tesco colleagues to be:
- low cost
- help maximise returns
- help minimise risk.
There are three Tesco Lifestyle Investment Options to choose from, depending on how you want to take your savings when you retire.
To make it simple for you, your Tesco savings will be automatically invested into the Tesco Lifestyle Cash Option and it will assume you'll want to take your savings all as cash when you retire. If you want to stay in this option you don't have to do anything.
But you do have other options to choose from. Please see the Investment Guide for more details.
The aims of the Tesco Lifestyle Investment Options are:
- To get higher returns on your savings earlier in your life. The way your savings are invested at this stage means the value of your account may go up and down a lot in the short term but this is when you’re further from retirement so you have time to ride the ups and downs of the market (i.e. higher risk investments).
- As you get nearer to the age you want to take your savings, your money is automatically moved into investments where you don’t have such ups and downs so can be more certain about how much you’ll get (i.e. lower risk investments).
- It will assume you want to take your savings at age 65 and will automatically target this age when investing your money. However you can change this age by calling 0345 070 0090 or through Manage Your Account. See Why is setting your target retirement age important?
- If you choose to leave your money invested in the Tesco Lifestyle Investment Options, you can't invest in other individual self select funds at the same time.
- You'll be able to choose from three Tesco Lifestyle Investment Options to suit how you want to take your savings when you retire - whether as all cash, a bit at a time (drawdown) or as a regular income (pension).
If you choose to leave your money invested in the Tesco Lifestyle Cash Option, all of your savings need to be invested in that lifestyle option – you can’t invest in this at the same time as other individual funds that you select yourself.