- Critical Illness Cover is designed to pay out on diagnosis of a specified critical illness including cancer, heart attack and stroke. Not all types of cancer are covered under critical illness plans. Because of advances in medicine not every type of cancer will have a severe impact on your lifestyle, if treated early enough. For example, a cancer needs to have spread or reached a specified severity to be covered.
- It's essential that you give us all the information we ask for during the application and that it's accurate. If you fail to mention a medical condition, for example, we may not pay out in the event of a claim.
- These policies are not savings or investment products and have no cash value unless a valid claim is made.
- If you stop paying the premiums before the end of your policy, your cover will end after 30 days and you will not get anything back.
- The policy will end if we pay out the lump sum (either on death, terminal illness or diagnosis of a critical illness). If this amount has not been paid out by the end of the term, the policy will end and you'll get nothing back.
- You need to let us know if any of the information you gave us in your application changes before the plan starts.
- The main factors are your age, occupation, smoker status, health, the level of cover you need and type of contract that you choose. Normally, the older you are, the higher the premium. Your individual height, weight, medical history and lifestyle are all assessed.
- Once you've taken out cover your premiums are guaranteed and won't change unless you alter your policy.
- You'll have the option to pay your premiums monthly or annually. If you decide to pay annually you will receive a discount, giving you cheaper premiums. Find out how much you could save.
Once you've taken out a policy, you can place it in Trust to help make sure the proceeds are used as you intend. Placing a life insurance policy in Trust can also help protect against Inheritance Tax. Visit our Online Trust Hub for more information.
Free M&S gift card
When you take out life cover online by 30 November 2016Terms and conditions apply
Call us on
0800 027 1976
Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday
We may record and monitor calls.