Critical illness claims.
If you're suffering from a critical illness, it can be a stressful and worrying time for you, your family and friends. We want to help you by providing a stress-free claims process.
What information will you need?
To let us know you want to make a claim you'll need to provide us with:
- Policy number (this can be found on your direct debit)
- Details of the diagnosis/illness
- Contact details for your GP/Medical Consultant
You can contact us in a variety of ways:
- Telephone - 0800 068 0789 - our UK based claims team.
If calling from abroad please call +44 1273 374 414.
(Calls charged at the prevailing international rate).
Lines are open 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Email - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (when sending emails you should not include any personal, financial or banking details, as this method is not a secure way of supplying information.)
- Fax - 0370 166 0275
- Write to us:
Legal & General Claims Department,
What happens next?
- We'll carry out some basic policy checks to ensure the condition can be considered as a claim
- We'll ask for information about your diagnosis and your Consultant and GP details - if you have any GP or Consultant letters, these will be useful for us.
- Once we've finished discussing your claim, we'll send you some simple forms to sign and return - we can email or send these via post for you
We'll then take control of your claim and keep you updated throughout the whole process.
Please continue to pay your premiums whilst the claim is being assessed.
IF YOU NEED HELP CALL US ON
0800 068 0789
9am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday
We may record and monitor calls.
Our UK based staff provide a dedicated service to deal with all your life insurance queries. Here is a link to the most common questions: