Group income protection
Group income protection aims to provide an income to an employee when they are unable to work long term, as a result of an illness or injury. If the policy incapacity definition is met then payment starts after a deferred period. The deferred period is like a waiting period which is often 26 weeks but there’s a range of options to choose from. The payment can continue until the employee returns to work otherwise, depending on the options chosen, when they reach their state pension age.
As well as the financial support, we aim to help manage long-term sickness absence. Policies include rehabilitation where appropriate, to help support employees back into the workplace.
Designed to help employers by
- Reducing the impact from long term absence costs.
- Providing support where appropriate, to help employees back to work.
- Collaborative absence processes and management information.
- Helping to enhance employer’s benefits package to help them attract and retain employees.
Benefits to employees
- Financial support when absent due to long term illness or injury.
- Where appropriate, fast track funded rehabilitation treatment such as physiotherapy and psychological treatment.
- Rehabilitation Support can be provided, throughout absence including support with return to work.
- Access to an award winning Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provider, Health Assured, who can help by providing personalised support around the clock for all your client’s employees. Employees will be able to have access to support, whether they’re covered by us or not. Find out more about our EAP here.
- Immediate family* members of employees can also benefit from access to our EAP telephone support services too.
- Employees will be able to use Health Assured’s, My Healthy Advantage app. This can help them manage their overall health around the clock.
Read our PDF file: Group income protection product brochure PDF size: 2.5MB and PDF file: Group income protection technical guide PDF size: 835KB for more details.
Consider our flexible benefit arrangements to help give your client’s employees greater control of their employment benefits.
We'll continue to provide cover and pay any valid claims as long as the policy terms are met. You can find when we will and won't pay claims and a glossary of terms, in our PDF file: Group income protection technical guide PDF size: 835KB .
You can also find more information on our PDF file: GIP sales aid PDF size: 683KB*Immediate family includes spouse, partner, registered civil partner, siblings and children aged 16 to 24 in full time education, living in the same household.