Our tool allows you to get a free personalised quote online for our Pension Annuity and our Cash-Out Retirement Plan.
Before you get a quote
Now you've decided to get a quote for a retirement product, you should have:
- Spoken to or visited Pension Wise
- Read the Pension Wise flyer PDF size: 280KB
- Used the guidance and advice available to you, including speaking to a financial adviser
- Reviewed the different products available to you in the market
- Read about our products and the different options available
- Read the key features and Terms and Conditions in useful documents.
The Money Advice Service
For more information about your retirement options take a look at Your pension: it's time to choose PDF size: 740KB
Completing an online quote
This tool allows you to get a quote for our Pension Annuity and Cash-Out Retirement Plan, using Defined Contribution pension pots only. Please note, we cannot give you an online quote for a Guaranteed Minimum Pension (GMP), a Guaranteed Annuity Rate (GAR), a defined benefit pension or any other guaranteed benefit; please call us on 0800 316 3062 if you have any of these. We want to make sure you’re able to take advantage of any guarantees available to you.
The minimum investment amount for the Cash-Out Retirement Plan is £10,000. There is no minimum investment amount for a Pension Annuity, but the minimum you can get a quote for online is £5,000. You can call us on 0800 316 3062 if you'd like to get a Pension Annuity quote for a smaller amount.
You can get an online quote for either of our retirement plans if you're aged between 54 years 11 months and 84 years 9 months. If you're aged between 50 and 54 years 11 months and in ill health, have a guaranteed retirement age or death in service or if you're over 84 years 9 months, you can call us for a Pension Annuity quote on 0800 316 3062.
If you live outside the UK you can call us on +44 (0) 2920 354577 for a Pension Annuity quote. Calls charges will vary. Our Cash-Out Retirement Plan is not available for anyone living outside the UK.
What information will I need?
- The type of pension(s) you have
- The value of the total pensions savings you want to use for this quote
- Details of your medical conditions, including dates of diagnosis, dates of treatment and prescribed medication
- Details of your spouse/registered civil partner or financially dependent partner's medical conditions and medication, if you wish to pay them an income after your death.
Personal and medical information
We follow a strict confidentiality code about all medical information you give us, or which we get from any additional medical report. We hold your medical information securely, with limited access to authorised individuals who need to see it. A copy of our confidentiality policy is available on request.
We'll only pass your details to a third party with your consent. This may be necessary if we need further medical information, agreement from our reassurer and/or for administrative purposes.
If you'd prefer to provide your medical/lifestyle information over the phone, please call us on 0800 316 3062.
Can I get a higher income by shopping around?
If you get a quote for our Pension Annuity, we can also tell you if the amount we’ve quoted is the highest in the market, or if you could get a higher annual income by shopping around.
To do this, we’ll need to share some of your key information with other annuity providers. You can rest assured that we won’t share your contact details. We’ll ask for your consent to share your information as part of your quote.
You also need to know
- It’s important to shop around and get as much guidance and advice as you need, before you make any decisions on what's best for you. Other providers may have more appropriate products or be able to offer a higher level of retirement income.
- There are alternatives to buying a retirement product, which may be better suited to your personal circumstances.
- Other providers will offer different rates based on medical or lifestyle factors. Always compare what we can offer with what income amounts are available from other providers.
- Your choices may affect your income for the rest of your life and you can’t change your options later.