Dementia Awareness Week Coffee Time Chat
Dementia has likely had an impact on many of us, with around 850,000 people in the UK currently living with a form of Dementia. This is predicted to almost double over the next 20 years. As a society, it is important that we all better understand Dementia and the support available for both those living with a form of Dementia and the friends and family members that may be providing informal care.
This is why, for Dementia Week 2021 (17 May – 23 May), we have released a ‘Coffee time Chat’ to explore the impact that Dementia can have on a person and their family.
Join our panel of speakers that includes;
- Adam Hillier, Legal & General Health & Care
- Dr Tarun Gupta, Legal & General Medical Officer
- Lee Harding, Dementia Friend
- Rebecca Gill, Care Expert
Topics include Dementia background, spotting early signs and advice towards diagnosis.
We also hear first-hand accounts of living with Dementia. And finally, how our Care Concierge service can support employees of our Group Protection customers in this space.
Did you know?
- 209,600 will develop dementia this year, that’s one every three minutes.
- 1 in 6 people over the age of 80 have dementia.
- 70% of people in care homes have dementia or severe memory problems.
- Unpaid carers supporting someone with dementia save the UK economy £13.9 billion a year.
- The cost of social care for people with dementia is set to nearly treble by 2040, increasing from £15.7billion to £45.4billion.
Source: Alzheimer’s Society
If you have any questions about later life care, you may wish to read more about the Legal & General Care Concierge service (PDF: 1.7MB), with discounted rates available for Group Protection Policy Holder Employees.