Aegon has selected us, Legal & General as their chosen annuity partner. Once you've considered your options and you're ready to access your pension pot, our Pension Annuity could help you make the most of your money.
Established in 1836, we're one of the UK’s leading financial services groups and a major global investor, with international businesses in the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia. With over £1.1 trillion in total assets under management at 30 June 2019, we're the UK’s largest investment manager for corporate pension schemes and a UK market leader in pensions de-risking, life insurance, workplace pensions and retirement income. We've also invested over £22 billion in direct investments such as homes, urban regeneration, clean energy and small business finance.
We're a long-standing provider of annuities and ranked amongst the FTSE top 100 companies. As at January 2020 we had more than 870,000 annuity customers. In the 12 months to January 2020 we paid our customers over £2 billion in pension annuity income.
What can we offer you?
You have the option to buy our Pension Annuity using the money from your pension pot. In most cases, the earliest you can buy a pension annuity is age 55. There's no minimum purchase amount although you’ll need pension savings of at least £5,000 to get a quote online. You can call us on 0800 009 3867 if you’d like to get a quote for a smaller amount.
If you have a Guaranteed Annuity Rate (GAR) or Guaranteed Minimum Pension (GMP) with Aegon you can retain these when buying an annuity from us but you won't be able to complete a quote online. Please call us on 0800 009 3867 to get a quote.
If you live outside the UK please call us on +44 (0) 2920 276080 for a quote. Call charges will vary.
We may record and monitor calls.
Is a pension annuity right for me?
This product could be right for you if you:
It may not be right if you want:
For full details of our Pension Annuity take a look at our key documents below:
Important things to think about
- You can choose to take 25% of your pension pot as a tax-free sum if you haven't already done so. If you don't take it at the start of your plan, you won't be able to take it later.
- If you buy a pension annuity, you can’t change your mind. And any options you choose can’t be changed.
- The annuity can't be cashed in or surrendered.
- Annuity payments are classed as income, which means you may have to pay income tax. This could affect any means tested benefits you claim.
- Any tax you do pay on income from the plan will depend on your circumstances, and may change based on your income tax rate.
- You may get less than you paid for your annuity, depending on how long you live.
- It's important that any medical and lifestyle information you give us is accurate and complete so we can pay you the maximum level of income you're entitled to.
- We may ask for a report from your doctor to confirm information you’ve given us. Your income may be changed if we find the report doesn’t match your application.
- You should consider getting advice from a financial adviser. There are alternatives to buying an annuity, which may be better suited to your personal circumstances.
- If you apply for our Pension Annuity we'll pay an introducer fee to Aegon. The actual amount will depend on the size of the pension savings used to buy the annuity.
- We strongly recommend you seek guidance from the Government's free and impartial service Pension Wise.
Remember, it’s important to shop around and get as much guidance and advice as you need before you make any decisions about what's best for you. Other providers may have more appropriate products or be able to offer a higher level of retirement income.
Get a quote
Find out more about our online tool where you can get a quote for our Pension Annuity.