How to choose
With so much information and so many options available, there’s a lot to consider. The good news is there are a number of ways to get help and guidance.
Before you start, it's vital to remember you can choose from the full range of retirement products and options offered by all providers. Depending on your circumstances, age, health and lifestyle, you may be able to get a better deal elsewhere. And don’t forget, you can normally take up to 25% of your pension pot tax-free.
Some of the decisions you make are once and for all decisions that can’t be undone. So before you decide, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you want or need to start taking a pension income now?
- What will your living costs be once you’re retired?
- Will your planned income cover these?
- Do you need to make provisions for anyone else – a spouse, partner or dependant?
- Have you shopped around for your best solution?
- Do you think your circumstances may change in the future, and if so, what provision do you need to make for this?
- What are you looking for from your pension income – flexibility, security, peace of mind?
- Have you looked for free and impartial guidance – for example, from Pension Wise?
Have you sought financial advice?
- Where can I find free impartial guidance and advice?
Where can I find free impartial guidance and advice?
We strongly recommend that you take advantage of the services below before you make your decision.