How pension saving works
Saving into this pension is a simple, low cost and tax efficient way to save towards your future.
- Your plan is set up for you by Network Rail.
- You and Network Rail pay in, and the government helps out in the form of tax relief.
- The money that you and Network Rail pay into your plan builds up your pension pot.
- Your pension pot is invested in one or more of our investment funds.
- The aim of an investment fund is to grow the value of your pension pot but this isn’t always guaranteed.
- You can decide what to do with your money, and how you take it from age 55, whether or not you’ve stopped working.
To help you understand how your Network Rail Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (NRDC) works, take a look at the NRDC Member's Guide.