Have you started investing in a pension? It may seem far away but it's never too early to start investing in a pension. For every day that you hesitate, that’s less money saved to enjoy and support yourself financially when you retire. With over 50 years’ worth of experience in the pensions market, our Stakeholder Pension Plan offers a simple, straightforward way to save for your retirement.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
Our Stakeholder Pension Plan aims to build up a pension fund that will provide you with a pension income when you retire.
- You can invest from as little as £20 gross, but the more you put into your pension plan, the better the chance it has of meeting your retirement needs. Take a look at our handy pensions calculator to find out more.
- It's flexible - you can stop, start, increase or decrease your regular contributions, and pay in lump sums at any time.
- You can manage your plan online through our secure online service, My Accounts. So, you can see how your pension fund is performing at any time.
- It's quick to apply for our Stakeholder Pension Plan - it only takes 10-15 minutes to complete.
CHOICE OF FUNDS
We offer a wide range of investment funds.
- The money you pay into your plan is put into one or more investment funds of your choice, with the overall aim of growing your pension fund.
- We offer a wide range of investment funds, so you can choose the type of investment that suits you. Read our funds made clear page for more information.
If you don't make an investment fund choice, we'll invest your contributions into our default option, the Multi-Asset Lifestyle Profile.
- You can also change funds online through our online service, My Accounts.
Our Stakeholder Pension Plan is great value and offers the chance to make tax-efficient savings.
- Saving in a pension plan allows you to take advantage of the tax relief offered by the Government – the taxman adds to whatever you pay in. So, for every £200 you pay, £250 is actually invested into your plan. (These figures are for basic rate taxpayers – higher and additional rate taxpayers can claim even more tax relief).
- Our Stakeholder Pension Plan offers a competitive annual management charge – the rate of the charge reduces as your pension fund grows.
Take a look at the available investment fund choices and the charges associated with our Stakeholder Pension Plan.
- The law and tax rates may change in the future and the value of tax relief will depend on your individual circumstances.
Risks and important information:
- All investments and funds carry an element of risk. It's important you read the
Stakeholder key features (PDF: 158KB)
and the accompanying fund brochure,
Choosing your investment fund (W13814)
for full details of all the risks.
- The value of the investments that make up your pension fund can fall as well as rise, and is not guaranteed. It is particularly important to remember this if you are close to taking your benefits.
- Any money in your pension plan is tied up until you take your benefits, which is generally between age 55 to 99.
If you apply online through this website the temporary annual management charge, which normally applies to funds of £15,000 and under, won't apply.