How pension saving works
Saving into this pension is a simple, low cost and tax efficient way to save towards your future.
- Your plan is set up for you by your employer.
- You and your employer pay in, and the government helps out in the form of tax relief.
- The money that you and your employer pay into your plan builds up your pension pot.
- Your pension pot is invested in one or more of our investment funds.
- The aim of an investment fund is to grow the value of your pension pot but this isn’t always guaranteed.
- We invest your money responsibly and consider environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in our investment process.
- You can decide what to do with your money, and how you take it from age 55, whether or not you’ve stopped working.
To help you understand how your pension plan works, take a look at the OSPS Member Guide.
Are there any charges for your new plan?
There are some charges that you pay for your DC Investment Builder - the annual management charge (AMC) for administration of the pension and the fund management charge (FMC). You can find more information on the charges in the OSPS Member Guide.