How pension saving works
Saving into this pension is a simple, low cost and tax efficient way to save towards your future.
- Your plan is set up for you by your employer.
- You and your employer pay in, and the government helps out in the form of tax relief.
- The money that you and your employer pay into your plan builds up your pension pot.
- Your pension pot is invested in one or more of our investment funds.
- The aim of an investment fund is to grow the value of your pension pot but this isn’t always guaranteed.
- Our investment management business incorporates a responsible investing approach, considering environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues in its investment process.
- You can decide what to do with your money, and how you take it from age 55, whether or not you’ve stopped working.
To help you understand how your pension plan works, take a look at the OSPS Member Guide.
Are there any charges for your new plan?
There are some charges that you pay for your DC Investment Builder - the annual management charge (AMC) for administration of the pension and the fund management charge (FMC). You can find more information on the charges in the OSPS Member Guide.
More in this section
Contributions and tax >
The government helps out with tax relief too!
How your pension is invested >
Understand how your contributions are invested and what you need to consider.
Easily plan your retirement >
Planning your retirement is probably the most important aspect of financial planning for you to consider. Our free course with The Open University will help.