RICS Home Survey Level 3
When should I choose a Home Survey Level 3?
You should choose a Home Survey Level 3 if you want a report that is more detailed than a RICS Home Survey Level 2 or SmartrSurvey Report, or if you’re interested in a property that is: -
- Much larger than average
- Old (e.g. built before 1850)
- In obviously poor condition
- Of complex or unusual design
- Of non-traditional or other unusual form of construction
- Significantly altered or extended since it was built
- Intended to be significantly improved or extended after purchase
The Home Survey Level 3 provides you with greater detail about the property and any repairs needed than the Level 2 options, but as a result it is more expensive.
The Home Survey Level 3 has often been previously referred to as a “full structural survey” or “building survey”. The report can be on an RICS Home Survey Level 3 template or can be to the surveyor’s bespoke design.
What does it include?
A Home Survey Level 3 ordered through Legal & General Surveying Services includes:
- A thorough and detailed inspection of the property by a qualified professional surveyor.
- A detailed, technical report on the construction and condition of the various building elements.
- An outline of repair options and the likely consequences if repairs are ignored.
- Advice for your legal advisers
- Details of risks to the property and its occupants.