Building survey

When should I choose a building survey?

You should choose a Building Survey if you want a report that is more detailed than a RICS HomeBuyer Report or RICS Condition Report, or if  you’re dealing with a property that is:

  • Large
  • Old 
  • In poor condition
  • Unusual
  • Significantly altered and therefore not suitable for the RICS reports.

You’ll also want to choose this option if you’re planning major works on a property.

It’s the most expensive type of survey but it provides you with greater detail about the structure and fabric of the property.

What does it include?

A building survey (commonly known as a structural survey) ordered through Legal & General Surveying Services includes:

  • A thorough inspection of the property by a RICS qualified surveyor.
  • A detailed report on a wide range of issues
  • An outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity
  • Advice for your legal advisers
  • Details of serious risks and dangerous conditions.