How pension saving works
Saving into this pension is a simple, low cost and tax efficient way to save towards your future.
- Your plan is set up for you by Cancer Research UK.
- You and Cancer Research UK pay in, and the government helps out in the form of tax relief.
- The money that you and Cancer Research UK pay into your plan builds up your pension pot.
- Your pension pot is invested in one or more of our investment funds.
- The aim of an investment fund is to grow the value of your pension pot but this isn’t always guaranteed.
- You can decide what to do with your money, and how you take it from age 55, whether or not you’ve stopped working.
To help you understand how your Cancer Research UK Retirement Plan works, take a look at the Key Features document.
Are there any charges for your new plan?
There are some charges that you pay for your Cancer Research UK Retirement Plan - the annual management charge (AMC) for administration of the pension and the fund management charge (FMC). Cancer Research UK should have let you know what these charges are.