Bringing your pension savings together
If you have pension accounts with previous employers, you can normally transfer them into the Lifestyle Plan. Keeping your pension savings in one place could make them easier to manage, cost you less and give you greater choice. There are a few things you need to consider before you make a decision:
- the charges for each plan
- whether there are any penalties for transferring
- whether there are any benefits or guarantees you might lose if you move your money.
What to do next
- If you decide you want to transfer other pots into this Lifestyle Account you call our helpline or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the transfer paperwork.
- Once you’ve made your decision and filled in the paperwork, return it to us and we’ll contact your previous pension provider and start the transfer process for you.
- When the transfer has been completed we’ll write to you to confirm how much was transferred.
The timescales to complete your transfer can vary. If your previous provider uses the pension provider paperless transfer service your pension transfer could be completed within 10 working days.
If we have to complete your transfer request through the post it will take longer, sometimes up to 8 weeks. This depends on your previous provider’s requirements and they may ask you to complete further forms to transfer your pension plan.