Leave more than memories
When you have spent all your life taking care of your loved ones the last thing you want to worry about is leaving them with financial worries.
Our Over 50s Life Insurance Plan is designed to meet the demands and needs of people aged 50 to 80 who don’t have funds to help contribute towards funeral costs or to leave as a gift to family and want a fixed cash sum to give to their loved ones when they die. It’s for people who want guaranteed acceptance with a simple application process and would prefer not to answer medical or lifestyle questions.
We offer a choice of two plans:
The table below allows you to see the differences between the Fixed Plan and the Increasing Plan, so you can decide which one is best suited to your own needs.
|PRODUCT||FIXED PLAN||INCREASING PLAN|
|Fixed monthly premiums|
|Fixed cash sum – if you die after one year of the plan starting|
|Cash sum reviewed each year in line with the change in RPI|
|Cash sum paid on death to your estate – unless assigned or placed in trust|
|Inflation will reduce the buying power of the cash sum|
|Help towards your funeral expenses and at the same time have an extra amount allocated at no extra cost*|
*This facility is available if you choose the Funeral Benefit Option with the Fixed or Increasing Plans.
What is RPI?
The Retail Prices Index (RPI) is used as a measure of inflation. It measures the changing prices of everyday household goods and services like food and energy bills, and shows how the cost of living rises over the years.
Find out more.
- See how we compare – our Over 50s Life Insurance compared to similar plans from other companies for the same monthly premium
- FAQs – find answers to the most commonly asked questions we receive from our customers
- Trusts – explains what a Trust is and provides information about our Trusts
- Funeral Benefit Option – you could get up to an extra £300 to pay towards funeral costs with this option
- Why choose us? – see why over nine million customers in the UK have chosen a Legal & General product.
The Fixed Plan.
The Increasing Plan.
Free M&S gift card
After you take out Over 50s life insuranceTerms and conditions apply
Call us on
0800 316 8435
Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday
We may record and monitor calls.
News and articles