What will you leave behind?
Everyone wants to be remembered as someone who did the best for their family, with our Over 50s Life Insurance Plan you can leave a cash sum for your loved ones when you die.
What is Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance?
Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance is a way for seniors to leave a fixed cash sum for loved ones when they die. It can also help to contribute to funeral costs if you choose to add our Funeral Benefit Option.
Whether you're over age 50, over 60 or over 70, our Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance Plan could be the right life insurance policy for you. It's designed to meet the demands and needs of people aged 50 to 80 who don’t have funds to help contribute towards funeral costs or to leave a gift to family, and want a fixed cash sum to give to their loved ones when they die. It’s for people who want guaranteed acceptance with a simple application process and would prefer not to answer medical questions.
Guaranteed Acceptance - No medical
One of the key benefits of Over 50s Life Insurance is that there is no medical requirement when you apply, meaning that you will have guaranteed acceptance should you wish to take out a policy.
Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance Plan at a glance
- Premiums from £5 to £75 a month, depending on your age. Choose a premium you can afford to give a cash sum that meets your needs.
- Full cover payable after just one year. If you pass away within the first year, we will refund any premiums paid. However, if you die as a result of an accident then full cover will be paid.
- Guaranteed acceptance with no medical for UK residents aged 50-80. There may be other products available if you want to answer further lifestyle and medical questions.
- Your premiums will never go up once you’ve taken out the Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance Plan.
- Your cover will continue for the rest of your life, even though you stop paying premiums at age 90.
- Flexibility to reduce your premiums if you’ve had your plan for a year and your circumstances have changed. Minimum premium applies.
Important things you need to know
- Depending on how long you live, total premiums paid may be greater than the cash sum payable on death.
- This is not a savings or investment product and has no cash value unless a valid claim is made.
- If you stop paying premiums when due, your plan will be cancelled and you won't get anything back.
- The cash sum is fixed, so inflation will reduce it's buying power in the future.
- The Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance Plan is not designed to meet the full costs of a funeral, and does not guarantee to do so.
- If you choose to reduce your premiums, your cash sum will also be reduced.
Other Useful information
- FAQs – find answers to the most commonly asked questions.
- Trusts – explains what a Trust is and provides information about our Trusts
- Funeral Benefit Option – you could get up to an extra £300 to pay towards funeral costs with this option
- Why choose us? – see why over nine million customers in the UK have chosen a Legal & General product.
Call us on
0800 316 8435
Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday
We may record and monitor calls.
UK Funeral Costs
How much does a funeral cost in the UK?
The cost of a funeral can vary depending on where you are in the country. Use our guide to find the average funeral cost in your region.
News and articles