We never think a critical illness is going to happen to us, especially when we feel fit and healthy, but it can and does.
If the worst does happen, it's important to make sure you're financially protected against the impact a critical illness could have on you and your family. Critical illness cover can be added at an additional cost when you take out life insurance, which starts from as little as £6 a month.
Our critical illness cover at a glance:
- Cash Sum - Critical Illness Cover is designed to pay out your chosen amount of cover if you're diagnosed with a specified critical illness that we cover during the length of your policy. It can be added when you take out life insurance, at an additional cost.
- Additional Benefits - Additional Benefits such as Children's Critical Illness Cover included at no extra charge. Learn more about additional benefits.
- Fixed premiums - Your premiums won't go up, unless you alter your policy, so you'll always know how much you're paying.
- Second Medical Opinion service - An independent Second Medical Opinion service is available in the event of a claim. This service offers a face to face medical consultation with a Consultant Specialist and supporting medical report. Any alternative diagnosis may be used to support a claim.
- Important information - This is not a savings or investment product and has no cash value unless a valid claim is made. Advances in medicine and technology mean that traditional views of critical illnesses are constantly changing. The critical illnesses covered include heart attack, cancer and stroke. However, some types of cancer are not included and to make a claim for some illnesses, you need to have permanent symptoms. Please read the Guide to critical illness cover (PDF: 149KB) , Policy Summary PDF: 1.61MB and Policy Booklet PDF: 204KB before you apply.
Why choose us?
Last year we helped over 2601 people and their families when they needed us most and paid out £167 million in Critical Illness Cover claims.
Watch our customer videos and hear the real life experiences of our customers and how Critical Illness Cover made a difference to their lives.
Free M&S gift card
When you take out life cover online by 30 November 2017Terms and conditions apply
Call us on
0800 027 1976
Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday
We may record and monitor calls.