How to get qualified

To advise or refer clients on lifetime mortgages, you’ll need to be appropriately qualified. If you’d like to advise directly, we can support you. You’ll need a Certificate in Equity Release to meet the FCA’s requirement for mortgage advisers and those advising on equity release schemes.

What to expect from the certificate

  • Develop your advisory skills.
  • Gain a better understanding of equity release regulation.
  • Learn everything you need to know about the products, market practice, and customer needs.

To find out more, visit the CII's official website on the View - Certificate in Equity Release.

Taking the equity release qualification

Our Affinity Relationship Manager, shares her tips for studying and exam success.

"Being qualified gives me that extra level of credibility in my job. There’s never been a better time to get involved in this market" - Sadie Russell

Taking the equity release qualification