Explore a wealth of new advice opportunities
No matter what area of advice you specialise in, we know your clients count on you having the right solutions in place to protect their families, and futureproof their plans. That’s why we’ve put together our new focus fortnight.
From 16 – 27 May, we’ll be hosting a series of CPD webinars and panel debates to help you uncover new opportunities in protection and later life lending. Find out more about each of the sessions and sign up below.
Later life divorce, vulnerability & the impact on financial planning | 23 May 1.30pm - 2pm
More and more people are getting divorced in later life. Dividing assets like the family home can hit their finances hard, increasing their financial vulnerability and risk exposure.
Join this webinar to gain an expert perspective on those later life divorce challenges. We’ll give you fresh insights and tools to help your clients through this very difficult time in their lives.
- Understand the growing need to support couples considering a divorce in later life.
- Identify how you can best support your clients who find themselves in vulnerable circumstances.
- Learn how to build a professional referral network to further support your clients and generate leads for your business.
Keeping the protection against the unexpected conversation going | 24 May 1.30pm - 2pm
The need for protection often forms part of discussions when considering big life events, such as moving house, getting married, or times where finances become strained. But in reality, this could be at any point when we are considering the future; especially as we start to enjoy the benefits of lifetime planning for retirement.
Join us to understand the need, or opportunity to continuously discuss protection with your clients throughout their lifetime of advice.
- Understand the situations in which a client may require protection.
- Identify how protection policies can help your clients, and their future generations.
- Demonstrate how these ideas can be effective at every stage in lifetime of your advice.
Considering lifetime mortgages in estate and retirement planning | 25 May 1.30pm - 2pm
With the average age for receiving an inheritance now at 61, many of your clients may feel they want to help their families sooner. This could be to fund house deposits, school fees or even pay down mortgages at an earlier and more useful life stage.
Join this session to learn how your clients could use a lifetime mortgage as part of an estate planning strategy, or to provide an early ‘living inheritance’ to their loved ones.
- Understand the different scenarios where a lifetime mortgage could be used for gifting.
- Identify how, in the right circumstances, lifetime mortgages could be used as part of a client’s estate planning strategy.
- Understand how later life lending could help support the next generation, and provides succession planning opportunities for your business.
The role of protection policies in estate planning | 26 May 1.30pm - 2pm
With inheritance tax (IHT) receipts totalling £5.4billion in 2021, are you considering how your client’s protection cover is meeting their future estate planning requirements?
Join this webinar to consider situations where IHT may arise, understand how various reliefs and exemptions could be applied when calculating a client’s overall IHT liability and understand where protection policies could be used to meet the payment of an IHT liability.
- Understand how IHT is calculated, and the various exemptions or reliefs that could apply
- Identify situations where protection policies could be a practical solution for your clients
- Demonstrate how protection policies could be used in IHT planning, or to meet liabilities regarding gifts.
Panel debate – Overcoming barriers to entering new advice areas | 27 May 1.30pm - 2pm
Setul Mehta, Head of Business Development & Adviser Services at The Openwork Partnership and Tim Farmer, Founder of Comentis join our final panel debate to challenge some of perceived barriers to entering the later life lending and protection markets.
Join us to hear their expert insights into future developments across our industry and identify new business opportunities in these areas of advice. The panel will also be answering some of the questions raised by advisers in our previous focus fortnight webinars in a live Q&A.
- Understand the opportunity for advisers to help their clients in both the protection and later life lending markets.
- Identify and challenge the barriers advisers may face when entering these new advice areas.