Now in their 25th year, the annual Legal & General Mortgage Club Awards took place in a virtual ceremony this year. We are delighted to announce the following firms are our 2020 award winners. Congratulations to all.
Seven of these awards were based on the voting results of our annual broker survey which provides a unique benchmark of the intermediary mortgage market.
The eighth Lender award would ordinarily be for Best Overall Lender, as voted for by advisers. However, in response to the extraordinary events of 2020, the Mortgage Club decided to present an alternative Lender Recognition Award this year, to acknowledge the lender firm who has demonstrated exceptional support to advisers and customers during the pandemic. This award was voted for by our key broker firms.
The winners are:
- Lender Recognition Award – HSBC (awarded to the lender firm who has demonstrated exceptional support to advisers and customers during the pandemic)
- Best Smaller Lender – Pepper Money
- Best Lender for Service – Halifax Intermediaries
- Best Lender for Later Life Lending - Leeds Building Society
- Best Specialist Lender - Precise Mortgages
- Best Lender for Buy to Let - Kent Reliance for Intermediaries
- Best Lender for New Build – Halifax Intermediaries
- Business Development Manager of the Year - Helen Comben, Kent Reliance for Intermediaries
Seven of these awards are initially based on the voting results of our annual lender survey. The three finalists in each category were then asked to provide a written submission to satisfy a number of criteria: key achievements in the last twelve months, key strengths, and the support they demonstrated to staff, customers and stakeholders during COVID-19. These submissions were judged by the Mortgage Club team in partnership with respected lender peers from across the industry.
Our award for Best National Network Partner is a purely submission-based award. No finalists for this category were announced ahead of today, and like all the other broker categories, the submissions were judged by the Mortgage Club team in partnership with lender peers.
The winners are:
- Best Broker Firm for Buy to Let - Alexander Hall Associates
- Best Broker Firm for New Build - Meridian Mortgages
- Best Broker Firm for Specialist Lending - Brightstar Financial
- Best Small Firm for Overall Quality (5 advisers and under) - Concept Mortgages
- Best Key Partner Firm for Overall Quality (6-25 advisers) - First Mortgage (NE)
- Best Key Partner Firm for Overall Quality (26 – 75 advisers) - Alexander Hall Associates
- Best Key Partner Firm for Overall Quality (76+ advisers) - Mortgage Advice Bureau
- Best National Network Partner - HL Partnership