The Family Building Society
How to register with this lender as a new user
Call 01372 744155 to register.
How to add Mortgage Club as a payment route with this lender
When submitting your application you will need to complete a Header sheet PDF: 43KB - this is available on our website under ‘Why choose us’ > ‘How to do business', then click on ‘Header sheet'.
Submitting an application
No need to register in advance. The Family Building Society will register your details on receipt of your first application.
View our intermediary site. Take a look!
Designed specifically with you in mind, the intermediary website will help you find all the information you need to progress an application, as well as keep you up to date on our mortgage products.
We’re sure you’ll find it easier to:
- Check client eligibility
- Check client affordability
- Request a KFI
- Download application forms
- Access FAQs
What makes us different?
We launched Family Building Society to help families work together to use their money and assets more successfully.
You can access our Family Mortgage, our Retirement Lifestyle Booster mortgage and our Offset Mortgage in just the same way as you did for National Counties products.
View our video case study showing how family members were able to help Charlotte Mansfield buy her first home.
Our operational efficiency and financial strength allow us to offer consistently competitive products and deliver a professional and personal service to our business partners.
We manually underwrite using a “common sense” approach. We’re able to provide individual and bespoke solutions to borrowers’ needs rather than lend through a “one size fits all” check box mentality. We offer:
- High quality, reliable service
- Dedicated underwriting department
- Personalised lending decisions. We credit check rather than credit score.
- Competitive procuration fees
- No linked products
- No overhanging ERCs
- Mortgage Desk available Monday to Thursday – 8.00am to 6.00pm; Friday – 8.00am to 5.30pm; and Saturday - 9.00am to 12.00pm.
Visit our intermediary site for information on the range of mortgage products, including Owner Occupier, Buy to Let, and the following areas:
- Family Mortgage – Allowing family members to use their savings or property as security to enable the buyer to purchase the property they want with a 5% deposit.
- Retirement Lifestyle Booster mortgage – to provide practical help for customers who are 60 or over and whose finances could do with a boost each and every month
- Offset Mortgage - for people wanting to make better use of their savings while keeping their money available for other purposes
- Self-employed (1 year self-assessment)
- Lending into and in retirement (mortgage term may be limited)
- Interest only (with suitable repayment strategy)
- Guarantor mortgage
- Holiday home
- Second home
- Expatriate mortgage
- Armed forces.
|Fee received from lender
|We'll pay you
|Buy to Let/Residential Investment||0.520%||0.500%|
|Ported Products (existing customer)||0.150%||0.100%|