Leek United Building Society
How to register with this lender as a new user
Registering to use the system is instant and full registration will be completed as part of the assessment of the full mortgage application.
How to add Mortgage Club as a payment route with this lender
How to contact this lender
All Mortgage Club members have access to a dedicated account manager:
Rachel Hughes (Telephone BDM) 0808 281 9309
Margaret Mellor (Telephone BDM) 0808 281 9309
George Simpson (Telephone BDM) 0808 281 9309
Deborah Bree (Field Based BDM South) 07711 233106
Daniel Berrisford (Field Based BDM North) 07989 345156
Laura Allcock (Intermediary Mortgages Team Manager) 0808 281 9309
What makes them different
Leek United Building Society pride themselves on being the friendlier face of finance. That means they always go the extra mile to provide a responsive, transparent and, above all, personal service. They assess every application individually and provide intermediaries with timely, responsive support throughout the application process.
They won UK’s Best Variable Rate Mortgage Lender in the 21st annual Personal Finance Awards, they were also highly commended in both the 2020 Moneynet annual Personal Finance Awards as a First Time Buyer Mortgage Provider and in the Best Variable Rate Mortgage Lender category of the What Mortgage Awards 2019.
Their experienced underwriters provide reliable underwriting decisions because they assess every application individually rather than ‘computer says no’ credit scoring. This personal, tailored approach to assessing applications means they can often help clients who don’t fit the ‘one‐size fits all’ model, meaning they offer innovative solutions with built in flexibility.
From higher LTVs on new builds and no upper age limit on residential mortgages, to portfolio BTLs and interest only residential mortgages, Leek United are happy to talk to you about your cases and how their products can help.
They won UK’s Best Variable Rate Mortgage Lender in the 21st annual Personal Finance Awards and were Highly Commended as a First Time Buyer Mortgage Provider in the 2018 Moneynet annual Personal Finance Awards.
You won’t be passed from pillar to post or have to deal with a department that’s so big you never speak to the same person twice.
A fantastic range of benefits
- Experts that are empowered to make decisions
- Online application form for speedy case submission
- Securely funded lending with built in flexibility
- Lend in England and Wales ‐ with no postcode restrictions
- No credit scoring – they assess every application individually
- No upper age limits
- Interest only residential mortgages, up to 75% LTV
- Online affordability calculator for residential mortgages
First Time Buyer Expertise
- New build houses ‐ up to 95% LTV to give your customers the opportunity of owning their own home
- They can also provide a range of competitive Help to Buy and Right to Buy mortgages
- Highly Commended as a First Time Buyer Mortgage Provider
Later Life Lending Opportunities
- No upper age limits for residential or buy to let mortgages with each case individually assessed, which means they can help more of your older customers into retirement^
^ Maximum LTV 80% when lending into retirement and maximum LTV 70% when lending in retirement.
|Fee received from lender
|We'll pay you
|Residential||0.350% +£25 (min £150)||0.350% (min £150)|
|Buy to Let||0.350% +£25 (min £150)||0.350% (min £150)|