We’ll provide 10% cashback on the total cost of home energy efficiency improvements, up to £1,000 on an initial advance and up to £200 on a drawdown.
Residential housing in the UK is the third biggest contributor to CO2 emissions. In fact, two thirds of UK homes fall below the C grade on Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs), when graded from A-G. This means that homeowners spend more on fuel bills, while contributing considerably to climate change.
As an organisation, we’re committed to reducing the effects of climate change. It’s something that we believe we can influence as a result of our investment decisions, product designs and own energy usage.
Introducing our Energy Saver Cashback offer
We’re rewarding customers who are using part, or all, of their Legal & General Flexible and Optional Payment Lifetime Mortgage loan to make energy efficient home improvements.
Making these type of improvements not only contributes to a more positive impact on the environment, but it can also help to cut the cost of fuel bills and help make the home feel warmer and more comfortable.
Customers can claim 10% (up to a maximum £1,000) of the total cost of home energy efficiency improvements on an initial advance, or up to £200 on a drawdown (up to a maximum of three times). Cashback will be paid upon completion of qualifying works.
This offer is available to Legal & General Lifetime Mortgage customers across England, Scotland and Wales, including those who have an offer or who will receive an offer on or after 1 November. The customer must claim the cashback within 12 months of completion of their Lifetime Mortgage. Work must be carried out by an approved tradesperson. The offer applies to a maximum of three drawdowns.
Please note that this offer excludes Income Lifetime Mortgages.
- Upgrading single glazing to double glazing
- Flat roof insulation
- Loft insulation
- Floor insulation
- Cavity wall insulation
- Solid wall insulation
- Ground source heat pump
- Air source heat pump
- Solar thermal
- Heating controls
For a detailed list of what’s covered, please review the Energy Saver Cashback offer guide below.
We'll include details of the Energy Saver Cashback offer within a customer’s offer pack. This will include a guide providing further information on qualifying works and how to take advantage of the offer.
You can also find a copy of the guides below, which you can share with your client if they're considering using their Lifetime Mortgage to make home improvements.
To qualify for the cashback, the installer appointed to deliver the home improvements will need to be TrustMark registered or will need to have the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) accreditation. Your client can find approved traders by:
As part of their offer pack, your client will receive a Energy Saver Cashback offer guide. This will provide the full terms and conditions and set out the next steps. They'll need to:
- Register their interest in the scheme using the tear off slip in the guide and return it to the address listed or use the online form within 30 days of completion of their Lifetime Mortgage.
- Instruct the works on the property with an approved installer. They should keep all receipts, invoices and relevant certificates to confirm the work has been carried out.
- Claim their cashback directly from Legal & General Home Finance using the provided details in the leaflet they receive. They must claim their cashback within 12 months of the completion of their loan, initial advance or drawdown. They'll receive their cashback within 30 days, once we have received and accepted their claim.
Your questions answered
Our Head of Lifetime Products, Amy Mulvey hosted a Q&A where she explains how the Energy Saver Cashback offer works and answers questions from advisers.
Missed the live stream? Don't worry, you can watch the recording on demand to find out everything you need to know, including:
- The eligibility criteria for the offer
- How your clients can find a trusted and approved tradesperson
- The process to claim back the cashback