Get an extra £300 towards your funeral costs
If you are planning to use the cash sum from your Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance Plan to pay towards your funeral, why not add the Funeral Benefit Option to your Plan.
- At the time of claim we will pay your cash sum directly to Dignity Funerals Limited and a Dignity Funeral Director will take care of arrangements.
- To help even more, there will be an additional £300 contribution from Dignity towards the final cost of your funeral with a Dignity Funeral Director.
Your family will be in good hands with Dignity
- Dignity is a collection of the UK's finest Funeral Directors.
- They are devoted to delivering the highest quality funeral services in the UK.
- They help people through one of the most difficult times of their life.
We chose them as our partners because of their proven track record in offering care and compassion to their customers and their network of 831 funeral locations across the UK.
- 910,000 people have taken out a funeral plan with Dignity.*
- They conducted 72,300 funerals in 2018.*
To search for the nearest Dignity Funeral Director, here’s a useful link Dignity Funeral Directors.
Dignity are regulated by the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA), and are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) or the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA).
*Source: Dignity Annual Report and Accounts 2018.
How it worksAdd the Funeral Benefit Option to your Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance Plan for no additional cost and Dignity will contribute £300 towards the cost of your funeral with a Dignity Funeral Director.
At the time of making a claim, a single call to Dignity will put your funeral arrangements in motion. The Dignity Funeral Director will help your family through the arrangements and we will pay the cash sum from your Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance Plan directly to Dignity.
Things you should know
- It doesn't cost you anything extra to add Funeral Benefit Option to your Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance Plan, but you do need to make sure you keep paying the premiums for your Plan.
- The additional £300 contribution will only be payable when the cash sum from your Plan is paid directly to Dignity Funerals Limited on your death. It will not be paid to your legal representative.
- If your funeral costs less than the cash sum from your Plan and the £300 contribution combined, we will pay any money left over to your legal representative. However, if the funeral costs more, your loved ones would need to pay the balance to the Dignity Funeral Director. You need to be aware that inflation will reduce the value of the cash sum and the £300 contribution.
- If you die within the first year of taking out the Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance Plan for any reason other than an accident we will not pay the cash sum. Instead, we will refund any premiums already paid to your legal representative rather than to Dignity. However if Dignity conducts your funeral, your legal representative would still be entitled to the £300 contribution.
- If you die within the first year of taking out the Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance Plan as a result of an accident (see the PDF file: Policy Terms and Conditions PDF size: 219KB ) or within 90 days of the accident from injuries sustained in it, you will be entitled to the Accidental Death Benefit and the cash sum will be paid to your legal representative rather than Dignity. However if Dignity conducts your funeral your legal representative would still be entitled to the £300 contribution towards your funeral.
- You can cancel the Funeral Benefit Option at any time before Dignity has been instructed to provide the funeral services. In these circumstances you would not be entitled to the £300 contribution.
- You can add Funeral Benefit Option anytime during the period of your policy, however you can only add this feature once. This includes any Funeral Benefit Option you may have with another over 50s life insurance provider. Also, if you already have a pre-paid Funeral Plan with Dignity you can't take up this offer and if you were to take out a Funeral Plan in the future, your Funeral Benefit Option would be cancelled.
Full details can be found in our PDF file: Policy Terms and Conditions PDF size: 219KB .
How to add Funeral Benefit Option
If you'd like to take out an Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance Plan and add the Funeral Benefit Option you can choose do so when you apply online or by phone on 0800 316 8435. We're available between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday.
If you already have an Over 50s Fixed Life Insurance Plan with us you may be able to add the Funeral Benefit Option. Please call us on 0370 010 4080 between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm Saturday. We may record and monitor calls and call charges will vary.