Submitting business with OLP Connect
Our well established, interactive underwriting journey in OLP Connect gives an instant online decision in 83% of submissions, meaning you can get your clients on risk quicker.
- Asks customer specific questions which can lead to improved and quicker underwriting decisions
- Reduces client non-disclosure and the associated problems this could create
- Is mobile and tablet enabled giving you greater flexibility to submit business in the client’s home and out of office hours
- Reduces paperwork and offers a more digital process – less duplication of work
- Gives you the option to ‘hand off’ the lifestyle and medical questions to the customer if it’s more convenient
- Offers greater integration with our tracking system, Agent Hub, providing real time updates
- Gives customers the benefit of digital documentation in a secure hub with all their policy and payment information
Products you can quote and apply for using OLPC
You can quote and apply for mortgage, family or business protection:
- Life Insurance
- Decreasing Life Insurance
- Increasing Life Insurance
- Life Insurance with Critical Illness Cover
- Decreasing Life Insurance with Critical Illness Cover
- Increasing Life Insurance with Critical Illness Cover
- Family and Personal Income Plan Life Cover
- Increasing Family and Personal Income Plan
- Family and Personal Income Plan Life and Critical Illness Cover
- Increasing Family and Personal Income Plan Life and Critical Illness Cover
- Family and Personal Income Plan Critical Illness Cover
- Income Protection Benefit
- Relevant Life Plan
- Increasing Relevant Life Plan
- Critical Illness Cover (Reviewable)
- Decreasing Illness Cover (Reviewable)
- Increasing Critical Illness Cover (Reviewable)
Agent Hub is the part of OLP Connect that deals with pipeline and existing business.
With pipeline cases you can get a clear view of which stage your cases are at. For example, whether we’ve received a client’s medical evidence, if a Direct Debit has been set up, whether a Trust is in place and how many cases are ready for submission. Therefore if a client has a query about their policy you have all their policy information to hand.
With existing business, you can also see whether:
- A first attempt to collect a premium has failed
- A communication has been sent to your customer as the second attempt has failed
- A customer has contacted us directly to cancel a policy
- The policy is about to be cancelled as we’ve not received a response to our communications.
Selecting a case with a query will take you to information about the event itself plus provide comprehensive policy and contact information so you can follow up with your customer.
PDF file: Existing Business User Guide PDF size: 1.87MB
Help your clients stay in control of who receives their legacy when they die. Payouts are probate-free so are made quickly and fall outside of a client’s estate for tax purposes.
Underwriting and claims
Get familiar with the details of the underwriting process, medical and financial evidence requirements and our straightforward claims process.
Getting started with us
Set up your agency number and register online.
Call on our extensive underwriting and technical product knowledge.
Develop your knowledge about our products and how OLP Connect and Agent Hub work.
Our Distribution Quality Management Programme can make your business more efficient and help with client retention. Find out how TrainSMART can help.
Webinars and workshops
Stay up to date with our products and services by signing up for our regular webinars. Expert training support also available through our CII accredited training workshops.
Legal & General
Why our five pillars of difference are good for your business. We are Intermediary Designed.
Designed to pay out a cash sum if your client dies while covered by the policy. Clients can add Critical Illness Cover for an additional cost at outset for extra peace of mind.
- Terminal Illness Cover (life expectancy is less than 12 months) included with terms of at least two years
- Cover can be level, increasing or decreasing
- Clients can request changes to their policy as their needs change
- Joint life policy separation included
- Waiver of premium available
- Critical Illness Cover can be added
Critical illness cover
Choice of either Critical Illness Cover, or Critical Illness Extra, for those who want a little extra protection.
- Our Critical Illness Cover provides quality protection for your clients and their family, including 31 full payment conditions, and 2 additional payments that pay 25% of cover up to £25,000.
- For those who want a little more protection, our extra cover comes at an additional cost, but offers a lot more cover. Includes 48 full payment conditions 28 additional payments with a payout of up to a maximum of £30,000 (or 50% of the sum assured, whichever is lower).
- Children's Critical Illness Cover is included as standard, and can be upgraded to Children's Critical Illness Extra at the time of application to provide that extra protection for your clients.
- Plus, your clients’ can get access to therapies, counselling, mental and physical support with our Nurse Support Services provided by RedArc Assured Ltd, included at no extra cost. Terms and conditions apply.
Income Protection Benefit
Designed to provide a monthly benefit if your client can’t work due to incapacity caused by illness or injury, which results in a loss of earnings.
- Two-year Low Cost Option available
- Cover can be level or increasing
- Stepped benefit is available with our level and increasing plans
- Choice of four deferred periods
- Income Guarantee automatically included
- A range of rehabilitation support services included at no extra cost
Helps protect against the financial impact of death or critical illness on your client’s business.
- Key Person Protection
- Share Protection
- Business Loan Protection
Relevant Life Plan
A life insurance plan that helps employers provide an individual death in service benefit for their employees.
This website is designed to give professional financial advisers information and tools that they can use to help control and develop their business and should not be relied upon by private investors or any other persons.