Whether you're thinking of retiring fully, gradually or delaying retirement, it's important to be fully prepared. Our checklist will help you prepare step by step:
Retirement goals and priorities
- Do you know what your options are?
- Do you know how to boost your retirement income?
- Do you qualify for pension credit?
- The value of your personal pensions
- The value of your company pensions
- Trace lost pensions
- Decide how much income to take each year
- How much will you need and for how long?
- What are your actual living costs?
- Consider late retirement
- Defer your State Pension
- Boost your National Insurance contributions
- Check what else you might be entitled to
- Review money saving tips
- Pay off your debt
Explore your options
- Contact Pension Wise
- Make the most of free information
- Consider taking advice
- Understand your options
- Shop around for the best deal
- Be clear on the possible tax and benefit implications
- Think carefully before you make any decision
Pension Guidance and Advice
We strongly recommend that you seek guidance from the Government’s free and impartial service Pension Wise.
Find out more about guidance or advice
Remember, it’s important to shop around and get as much guidance and advice as you need before you make any decisions on what is best for you. Other providers may have more appropriate products or be able to offer a higher level of retirement income.